The City of Culver City is accepting online applications for Assistant City Manager for the City of Culver City. Applications due by October 15, 2021.
- Works closely with the City Manager and Department Heads to develop goals and objectives based on the City Council’s policy directives, then designs and implements new programs and policies to achieve them.
- Provides leadership and oversight to departments. Coordinates across departments on interdepartmental activities, including leading special projects and assignments to assure timely response or completion.
- Identifies existing or potential operating problems on a citywide basis, and works with departments to resolve conflicts.
- Studies and makes recommendations regarding complex legislative, regulatory, legal and policy issues.
- Analyze existing or proposed operating procedures or programs on a citywide basis, recommending revisions or new procedures or programs to promote efficient, effective, and consistent delivery of services.
The wide variety of projects and diverse range of challenges make this a unique career opportunity for a manager with strong generalist experience. The ideal candidate:
- Is an effective, collaborative, motivated self-starter who is skilled and trusted to efficiently produce work of the highest quality.
- Quickly understands complicated concepts, balances competing priorities, and has an excellent command of written and oral language.
- Has a passion for service, empathy, and a thirst for knowledge and new ideas.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required with an emphasis in Public or Business Administration or other related fields. Additionally, five (5) years of professional management experience in a municipal government setting including three (3) years of recent experience managing a department or division within a public agency. A Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
Salary: up to $230,415 annually