61st Annual Winter Seminar & Golf tournament
To book your room and receive a discount on the stay:
January 31- February 2, 2020
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort
(formerly Fess Parker Resort)
Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort
PREPARING FOR A CRISIS
FRIDAY JANUARY 31, 2020
GOLF SANDPIPER G.C. CHECK IN 7:30. SHOTGUN START 8:30
To register, print this form
11:30- 3:00 WINERY TOUR AND LUNCH SPONSOR ALVAREZ-GLASMAN & COLVIN (signup required $ 25.00 limited space for fantastic lunch and tour of a premier winery) To register, Email Chris Yoast at 562-699-5500 or email@example.com. See Bottom for more information.
3-5:30 REGISTRATION AND EXHIBITOR SET UP
4:OO TO 6:30 BOARD OF DIRECTORS WELCOME RECEPTION
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2020
7-8 AM BREAKFAST— EXHIBITS OPENING
8:30-9:00 AM President Montgomery introduces; President-Elect Ashton
SENATOR BOB ARCHULETA 32nd Senate District
Welcome and Legislative Update
9:00- 10:00 AM—Session 1.
- Topic: Industry Panel on Cyber Security & Artificial Intelligence
- Experts will discuss emerging technologies and available solutions in analytics, cyber security, and artificial intelligence that will impact independent cities. Session highlights a platform provided by Intelligence Research Institute (IRI) and its partners that can be leveraged to evaluate technologies, monitor trends, train employees, and learn tactics, techniques, and procedures that ensure a proactive stance in uncertain times.
- Moderator: Goran Eriksson
- Speaker: Akshay Pottathil, President, Intelligence Research Institute (IRI)
- Speaker: Srinivas Atluri, CTO, Anvaya Solutions
- Speaker: Jerry Joaquin, Vice President, Intelligence Research Institute (IRI)
- Speaker: André Skupin, Co-CEO, Big Knowledge
10:00- 10:15 AM BREAK VISIT OUR EXHIBITIONS
10:15-11:15 AM- Session 2
- Topic: Building A Homeless Shelter In Our Community And Doing What We Thought We’d Never Do!
- A discussion of the City of Bellflower’s philosophical, legal and social journey toward addressing the homeless issue and constructing a Temporary Services Shelter post Martin v Boise and the United States Supreme Court’s decision to not provide direction.
- Moderator: Sean Ashton
- Speaker: Juan Garza, Bellflower Mayor
- Speaker: Jeff Stewart Bellflower City Manager
- Speaker: Karl Berger Bellflower City Attorney
11:15-11:30 AM – BREAK VISIT OUR EXHIBITIONS
11:30-12:45 PM Lunch
- Introduction: President Montgomery of Susan Trigueros SoCalGas
- Keynote Presentation: Margaret Vinci, Director Earthquake Programs Caltech
- “Earthquake Threat in SoCal: Are You Prepared?”
- An overview of the science of earthquakes, what is our earthquake risk in Southern California, and what will happen with a major event in a metropolitan area. How will this affect our lives and what do we need to do to protect ourselves and be better prepared to survive and recover afterwards. Also, including resources and earthquake tools to assist in making quick response decisions including ShakeAlert, Earthquake Early Warning.
1:00- 2:00 PM—Session 3
- Topic: ALERTS AND CERT’s
- In response to large fires in Central California in 2017/2018, new laws related to emergency alerts have taken effect on July 1, 2019. The presentation will provide an overview of those new regulations and share some challenges and suggested actions to meet those requirements. The second half of the presentation will discuss about the benefits of CERT for cities to help supplement their emergency preparedness and response program.
- Moderator: Lisseth Flores
- Speaker: Kevin McGowan, Director L.A. County OEM
- Rakdy Khlok, Emergency Manager City of Downey
2:00-2:15 PM—BREAK VISIT OUR EXHIBITIONS
2:15- 3:15 PM- Session 4
- Topic: Human Trafficking
- Moderator: Robert Gonzales
- Speaker: Dr. Stephanie Powell
- Speaker: Jose Medrano LASD/ LA County DA
3:15 PM— AFTERNOON AND EVENING AT LEISURE
SUNDAY- FEBRUARY 2, 2020 (Super Bowl Sunday games at 3:00PM)
GET-AWAY BREAKFAST -SPONSORED BY RICHARD, WATSON & GERSHON LAW FIRM
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
12 PM DEPART
GOLF TOURNAMENT FRIDAY
ICA’s Winter Seminar golf tournament is being held Friday, January 31, 2020 in conjunction with the 2020 Winter Seminar, January 31 – February 2, 2020.
Please make your plans to join us for an outstanding day of golf and networking with city officials.
Attached is the tournament registration form. Registration for golf and the Summer Seminar can also be accomplished at www.icacities.org
Tournament sponsorships are available including: Lunch Sponsor ($2,500), Raffle Prize Sponsor ($1,500), Drink Cart Sponsors ($1,000),Foursome Packages ($900) and Tee Signs ($250).
Sandpiper Golf Club
An Inspiring combination of challenge and beauty as championship golf brings you to the edge of the Pacific Ocean. With breathtaking ocean and mountain views from every hole, Sandpiper is truly a memorable experience.
The championship golf course at Sandpiper has been rated by Golf Digest in the top twenty-five public golf courses in California and top 100 public courses in the Country. It was designed by William F. Bell and opened in 1972 featuring beautiful rolling fairways and challenging greens in a seaside links style layout. Sandpiper’s dynamic design attracts players of all skill levels including players of the highest caliber.
Not golfing at ICA?
Interested in enjoying a day of wine tasting in the Town of Los Olivos featuring Santa Ynez Valley wines?
Want to participate in a day of food, fun and wine? ICA has the answer for you…
WINE TOUR AND TASTING
Sponsored by the Law Firm of
Alvarez-Glasman & Colvin
Here is what you will experience:
• Private bus tour to and from the Hotel for lunch and wine tasting and sightseeing in Los Olivos.
• Tour bus host: Arnold M. Alvarez-Glasman – Level One Sommelier with insights to the Santa Barbara/ Santa Ynez Valley and wines.
• Lunch at Industrial Eats near Solvang.
• Travel to Los Olivos with visits and tastings included.
• Time to explore the quaint Town of Los Olivos.
All for the cost of $25… transportation, lunch, wine, tastings and more.
Departure from Hotel Lobby: Friday, January 31 at 10:30 a.m.
Return to Hotel approximately 4:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Open to first 23 guests confirming attendance with payment to ICA. Please contact Chris Yoast for registration at 562-699-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests must be 21 years old or older.